Apply for this job now

Oregon - Assistant Professor - Family Medicine w/OB

Job Type
7 Sep 2023

Oregon - Assistant Professor - Physician with OB

Function/Duties of Position

The appointee will function as a clinician at clinic in Southern Oregon and will have privileges at this the local Medical Center. Academically, the applicant will have a primary appointment in Family Medicine. The Appointee will practice clinical medicine at this site, and other approved sites when appropriate.

Duties of the position include:

  • Work collaboratively with full and part time faculty to maintain an active practice.
  • Directly see patients in their clinic eight half days per week and have two half days available for administrative duties. Expectations for number of patients seen per half day will be commensurate with that of other faculty and with minimum target numbers of 8-10 visits per half day depending on complexity of the patient population.
  • Document using the electronic health record and maintain complete and timely patient care documentation consistent with OHSU and Cascade East Family Medicine Center and Sky Lakes Medical Center policies and procedures.
  • Participate in seeing patients during expanded access hours in the clinic, including their share of evenings and weekends, and call coverage.
  • The Appointee will be expected to have a strong commitment to developing the practice into a vibrant clinical and academic operation, which is successful from both a professional and business perspective.
  • Be available for teaching activities.
  • Compensation for the position will be commensurate with experience and other rural practice sites. Compensation for the position will include a base academic salary and a clinical salary. By mutual agreement between the Department and the physician, this position may include Inpatient Care with call duties being shared with the faculty inpatient call group.

Department Overview

  • This clinic located in southern Oregon, provides an incredible rural medicine experience. The clinic is a certified Patient Centered Primary Care Medical Home, with an emphasis on team-based care and innovation. The Medical Center, the hospital at which the Family Medicine Center is based, is the only hospital for the area. The combination of a strong medical community and populations with significant health care needs makes this city a unique setting to practice primary care. Providers work within a collaborative interprofessional team to practice the full scope of family medicine, often caring for entire families from newborns all the way to grandparents.

OHSU's Campus for Rural Health

This area in southern Oregon represents one of OHSU's commitments to rural healthcare. With 80% of their graduates entering practice into rural communities, they are proud of their graduate outcomes and the impact on the health of rural communities across Oregon and beyond. They serve as the Academic Headquarters for the Campus for Rural Health and rural experiences for OHSU's health professional schools. Through the Rural Campus students rotate and cooperate inter-professionally in our rural environment, thus exposing them to the vibrant scope of practice and community available only to those who wish to practice off the beaten trail.

South Central Oregon

Oregon encompasses 97,000 square miles and has a population of 4.2 million. While over 70 percent of these people live in a narrow strip in the western part of the state, the remaining 30 percent live in rural, often very remote areas with limited access to medical care. Klamath Falls is culturally and economically linked to these small rural communities in Oregon. We serve a 10,000 square-mile area in south central Oregon and northern California which has a catchment population of around 100,000 people.

Apply for this job now


  • Job Reference: 1108280535-2
  • Date Posted: 7 September 2023
  • Recruiter: Medicorp, Inc. dba Physician Empire
  • Location: Oregon
  • Salary: On Application
  • Sector: Healthcare & Medical
  • Job Type: Permanent