Apply for this job now
Outreach & Prevention Care Coordinator
- San Francisco, California
- USD18.00 Per Hour
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
HealthRIGHT 360 gives hope, builds health, and changes lives for people in need by providing comprehensive, integrated, compassionate care that includes primary medical care, mental health services, and substance use disorder treatment. Our Outpatient services specialize in treatment mental health and substance use disorders with treatment and skills groups, as well as community resources.
Outpatient programs provide trauma-informed care aimed at reducing the harmful impacts of substance use. Participants and their counselors work collaboratively to design an integrated, individualized, strengths-based treatment experience geared towards addressing each client's specific needs and goals. Outpatient programs provide Individual and group therapy, individualized case management, treatment planning, drug and alcohol counseling, crisis intervention, and connection to social support services.
Benefits and perks:
• HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
• Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
• Training and professional development opportunities
• Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
Please note: This is a part-time position (24 hours/week)
The Care Coordinator is responsible for providing substance abuse prevention and early intervention services to a diverse client population. The Care Coordinator will provide community based outreach services, pre-treatment case management services including individual counseling sessions. The Care Coordinator will also provide client referrals to primary care, substance use and co-occurring treatment programs based on screening and assessments. The Care Coordinator works directly with clients under the general supervision of the Program Manager.
Individual Prevention Responsibilities
• Key responsibilities include early intervention and individual screening sessions with clients interested in accessing substance use and mental health treatment services
• The Care Coordinator will provide ongoing case management services to assist clients in meeting their treatment access goals
• The Care Coordinator will refer clients to both internal and external resources based on their treatment needs and will follow up on their progress or status
• The Care Coordinator also attends required trainings and meetings
Prevention & Outreach Group Setting Responsibilities
• Facilitates group educational and information sessions within community settings in a variety of forums such as, but not limited to, jails, detox facilities, health fairs, cultural events and educational institutions
• May work weekends as needed
• Collaborates with individual clients and other available internal and external resources to develop client centered goals
• This includes documentation related to treatment placements, ongoing progress notes and appropriate updates in support of the client's health and recovery needs
• The Care Coordinator will properly document all individual counseling sessions and complete the discharge paperwork and required agency screenings/assessments in a timely manner
• The Care Coordinator maintains accurate records by entering data into various electronic systems for all assigned clients in accordance with guidelines established by HealthRIGHT 360 to satisfy internal and external evaluating requirements
And, other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Registration with Drug and Alcohol Certification recognized by DHCS (e.g. CCAPP)
• High School diploma or equivalent
• A valid California driver's license
• First Aid Certified within 30 days of employment
• CPR Certified within 30 days of employment
• Must not be on active parole or probation
• Must be able to acquire clearances to enter SF City and County correctional facilities
• Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population
• Experience with outreach, prevention and case management
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Outlook and internet applications
• Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
• Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities
• Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks
• Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of interdisciplinary team and independently assume responsibility
• Current and valid Alcohol and Drug Certification recognized by DHCS (e.g. CCAPP)
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Experience working with criminal justice population
• Knowledge of San Francisco community resources (e.g. primary care, treatment programs, housing, vocational, etc.)
• Knowledge of motivational interviewing -Knowledge of clinical documentation (progress notes, etc.)
• Knowledge of co-occurring disorders and trauma informed treatment
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In compliance with the California Department of Public Health's mandate, all employees must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are available.
- Job Reference: 1010174532-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: Health Right 360
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Salary: USD18.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent