Apply for this job now
Patient Care Coordinator
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
At OrthoArizona, we're bringing the best together. Our organization was created to help serve ALL orthopedic and podiatry needs throughout the Valley! We have a wide range of orthopedic surgeons and mid-level providers including physical and occupational therapists.
Today we're one of Arizona's largest privately owned and most comprehensive orthopedic practices with more than 65 locally and nationally renowned providers across 23 locations, in addition to 2 ambulatory surgical centers and in house state of the art MRI capabilities. At OrthoArizona we are committed to best-in-class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our team members.
OrthoArizona is looking for a candidate who has an energetic, upbeat, and has a positive attitude. Delivering great patient service is one of the top goals in this position.
The Patient Care Coordinator assists in the delivery of patient care management under the direction of a physician.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares patients for examination and treatment, including taking vitals and recording patient history • Inputs and maintains appropriate EMR documentation
• Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary equipment
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatment including sterilization techniques
• Assists providers in preparing for minor office procedures
• Assists with scheduling of tests and treatment
• Obtains prior authorization as needed, for referral orders and documents the authorization status in medical record.
• Closely monitors voicemail and phone calls, screening for providers
• Maintains inventory and stocks exam rooms
• Assists in the care and maintenance of equipment and examination rooms
• Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures
• Working knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
• Familiarity with equipment and instruments necessary to deliver patient care
• Knowledge of universal precautions
• Ability to take vital signs and record results
• Understand/Perform training on electronic medical record software
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Current CPR certification
• One year of experience in medical office, preferably Orthopedics.
- Job Reference: 1010169072-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: OrthoArizona
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent