Come launch the next step in your career where America launched its Space Program. Brevard Health Alliance, Brevard County's only Federally Qualified Health Center, is currently recruiting for a PSR to join us in the heart of Brevard County's Space Coast. Since 2005 our focus has been on putting the "community" in Community Health while delivering healthcare to our 55,000+ patient diverse patient base.
Brevard Health Alliance offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive hiring package that includes a 401K with company match, a generous personal leave program, tuition assistance for continuing education, professional development, and the opportunity for upward mobility.
We are expanding, we are growing. If you would like the genuine opportunity to make a profound difference in the delivery of primary care and community health, we invite your interest and application after reviewing the specifics and requirements for the PSR below.
Patient Service Representatives (PSR I) provide superior quality, competitive value, and outstanding service by providing exceptional administrative support to clinical staff. The PSR I ensures that patients receive excellent customer service support when they arrive to clinics to check in for their appointments.
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or General Equivalency/Educational Diploma (GED) and 1-year experience in customer service. Previous experience in a medical office or healthcare environment preferred.
• Ability to multi-task
• Customer service and/or medical front office experience
• Good interpersonal and communication and organizational skills
• Ability to read and write at high school level
• Ability to use or operate computer, copy machine, typewriter, and fax machine
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and follow Brevard Health Alliance's confidentiality guidelines
• Ability to use Microsoft Office applications
• Typing requirement of 40 words per minute
• Must be able to speak and understand the English language
• Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred
• Ability to work well in a team environment, remains motivated, is self-directed, and demonstrates initiative
General Reception Duties
• Greets and assists patients in a timely, professional, and courteous manner with a willing and helpful attitude, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff if necessary
• Answers telephones properly, courteously and tactfully dealing with the public, physicians, and outside businesses; determines sense of urgency and assists caller to the best of ability, routing call to appropriate party for assistance; take complete and accurate messages for area personnel not available
• Schedules and confirm patient appointments or follow up visits in person and via telephone in the electronic medical record (EMR) system
• Documents calls, if necessary, in patient file. Respond to phone messages in a timely manner
• Performs reminder calls for patient appointments and verify the insurance status/financial eligibility of each patient
• Deals with complaints effectively
• Takes ownership and represents Brevard Health Alliance's mission and organizational goals established by the executive committee. These include, but are not limited to: Productivity, Quality, Patient Satisfaction, and Employee Retention. It is the duty of each BHA employee to incorporate these goals into all daily work routines and strive to achieve and surpass all goals by working as a team. The mission and goals of BHA will be incorporated into each associate's Key Performance Indicators and will be evaluated on a monthly and quarterly basis.
General Clerical Duties
• Check out all patients as per the terms of their insurance company rules. Ensure charge is entered in the electronic medical record (EMR) system and co-pay is collected at time of service
• Maintains patient flow by checking in patient in a timely manner; verify address and phone number is current in the electronic medical record (EMR) system
• Assists with area clerical duties such as typing, photocopying, filing, scanning, and faxing documents, medical records, reports, and other materials
• Prints, sorts, and organizes paperwork, reports and/or materials to be sent out. Prepare outgoing correspondence to include folding, stuffing, and postage stamping; mail/send out or distribute paperwork, reports and/or materials
• Ensures patient picture is in the EMR system and updated
• Maintains cash drawer and reconcile daily payments posted to patient accounts
• Assists with maintaining a clean work area
• Ensures front door is unlocked/locked at the beginning and end of each day
• Complete and file daily Insurance Verifications
• Perform other related duties as assigned