A new pharmacy in the new Ideal Market located at 9301 Burbank Ave, Baton Rouge, La. This is a new addition to our growing business model offering integrated healthcare services and products in a convenient, friendly Latino heritage atmosphere.
La Farmacia is dedicated and works very hard to provide excellent customer service our patrons deserve and have grown to expect. We strive for customer loyalty, over and above customer satisfaction. We specialize in imported herbal (Natural Products) medicinals not found in any other pharmacies that have been used for centuries in Central, South America and other Latino cultures. We also offer all standard American prescription and OTC medications found in typical pharmacies.
WE ARE FAMILY:
The valued employees of Ideal Market are one of the main reasons for our success and unprecedented growth. We've always believed that employees can have a tremendous effect on sales and profitability, and we have been blessed with team members whose priority is customer satisfaction that leads to customer LOYALTY. To us, our family and you can be part of our Ideal Market team excellence.
At Ideal Market Pharmacy we take pride in our reputation for friendly, respectful, courteous and excellent service to our LOYAL customers. We treat out our patients like one of the family.
As an La Farmacia Pharmacist you will:
• Help patients with their prescription needs and questions,
• Medication consulting services to advise them about the effective usage of medications,
awareness with drug interactions,
• Offer preventive healthcare recommendations they may need specifically for their situation
• Responsible for ensuring accurate and proper preparation, dispensing, review and verification of medications within regulatory guidelines & company policies & procedures.
• Provide a cheerful positive working atmosphere
• Rewarded for your positive contribution to our mission
• Supports the efficient workflow of the pharmacy and assists the pharmacy manager in identifying ways to optimize pharmacy financials, inventory management and enhance customer experience.
• Interact with patient primary care providers and their office staff to facilitate the processing of patient prescriptions, i.e., PA request, RX clarifications, medications and/or dosage changes, etc.
• Supervise pharmacy technicians and cashier actions and performance
• Ensure safe use and storage of all prescription medications
• Customer Service Experience
• Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
• Remains calm and in control under pressure
• Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Ideal Market Pharmacy service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
• Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers by anticipating customer needs and proactively offering services. Supports efforts on enhancing customer experience by increasing focus on healthcare services (e.g. patient consultation, medication management, drug therapy reviews, and perform retail, clinical, or wellness services such as immunizations, flu shots, and diabetes awareness) thereby promoting the shift of the pharmacy role from transactional to interpersonal.
• Participates and assists in community events as requested by Store Manager, Healthcare Supervisor, District Manager or Pharmacy Manager.
• Works well under company operations systems
• Counsels patients and answers their questions regarding usage of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient information privacy, generics, less expensive medicines, over-the-counter products, and refers to medical provider as needed to ensure medication is taken correctly, health needs addressed, and satisfaction with service.
• Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy reviews, verification, and medication management. Reviews, interprets and accurately dispenses prescribed medications when necessitated by workload.
• Ensures the pharmacy operates in accordance to regulations, company policies and standards. Assists pharmacy manager with establishing procedures that promotes the efficient workflow of the pharmacy including assigning roles, coordinating activities and soliciting employee suggestions. Responsible for the opening and closing of the pharmacy and shift change duties.
• Ensures the use of all elements of the Good Faith Dispensing policy in conjunction with state and federal controlled substance laws when filling prescriptions. The Product Review/Retail Fill Process Pharmacist has the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the elements of Good Faith are present.
• Maintains current knowledge of information technology associated with pharmacy systems such as WinRX, ScanRx, registers, automation, to provide support to customers as well as pharmacy staff. Proposes and implements enhancements to pharmacy systems to further promote productivity.
• Ensures the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve customer issues and prevent payment rejections. Follows-up with insurance companies as well as medical providers and participates in 3rd party audit.
• Follows-up with medical providers' offices to clarify prescribed medications, dosages, refills, interactions and allergies to suggest alternative medications, and answer medical provider questions.
• Performs retail, clinical, and wellness services such as immunizations, flu shots, diabetes awareness and other preventive healthcare services.
• Assists and supports the pharmacy manager in analyzing performance data including pharmacy financial, customer service, and implementation of procedures for pharmacy asset protection and inventory management. Reviews KPI's with Pharmacy Manager, Store Manager, and Healthcare Supervisor.
• Develops and maintains good relationships with local medical community including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers. Participates in community outreach activities to promote the pharmacy business and further enhance growth opportunities.
• Partners with Pharmacy Operations Manager for customer registration, 3rd party reviews, and assists with resolving customer issues to support the Well Experience locations.
• People & Performance Management
• Assists the Pharmacy Manager with staff orientation and training. Reinforces the direction of Pharmacy Manager in staff performance by coaching, and providing constructive feedback, monitoring customer service, and fostering employee development.
• Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing expectations, monitors and recognizes progress, and fosters a shared vision.
• Training & Personal Development
• Maintains current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and healthcare by reading pharmacy related journals, company publications, and communications. Maintains awareness of developments in retail and management and pursues best practices that would enhance performance.
• Obtains necessary certifications, education credits and Ideal Learning modules as required by the Company.
• Seeks professional development by monitoring one's performance, solicits for constructive feedback, and leverages pharmacy manager and store manager as mentor and coach.
• Communications - written and oral
• Supports the Pharmacy Manager and Store Manager by communicating relevant corporate health and wellness services or strategy information to pharmacy staff and compliance with company policies and regulatory rules and regulations.
• Company owned delivery vehicle with Commercial Liability Insurance
• Medical, dental, and Eye Insurance
• Employee store discount
• BS Pharmacy or PharmD
• No restrictions or sanctions on your pharmacy license
• At least 2 years' experience performing prescription dispensing activities and patient counseling,
• Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws and La Board of Pharmacy
• Positive, cheerful personality able to work well with others
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
• Willing to take on the Pharmacist-in-charge position within 6-12 months after hire
• Previous experience with Computer Rx software
• Familiarity and ability to use Microsoft Office computer suite.
Ideal Market, one of the areas fastest growing business, is now instituting pharmacy services for the convenience of our loyal customers so they will have one stop shopping for all their grocery and medication needs. More than 100,000 customers interact with Ideal Market each day in communities across Louisiana, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and now pharmacy services for trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Ideal Market will operate pharmacies in all their supermarkets in the next 2-3 years. As the neighborhood market and pharmacy, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Ideal Market Pharmacy represents a unique opportunity for pharmacy professionals to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment . click apply for full job details