Apply for this job now
Physical Therapy Assistant
- Rocky Mount, North Carolina
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
Physical Therapist Assistant
The Physical Therapist Assistant assists in implementing the rehabilitative plan of care under the direction and supervision of a qualified Physical Therapist.
Graduate from an accredited physical therapist assistants' program with an Associate's degree approved by the American Physical Therapy Association. Licensed or Certified by the state in which the Physical Therapist Assistant resides or practices according to state requirements.
Requires moderately heavy physical exertion on a regular and reoccurring basis such as extensive driving, assisting patients in transfer activities (wheelchair to bed, to tub, to commodes) and providing substantial support to individuals in ambulation therapy. Regularly required to use hands and arms. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
General office, health care setting - exposure to infectious disease.
1. Provides direct physical therapy services according to directions of the Physical Therapist and in accordance with the physician's plan of care. Observes, records and reports to the Physical Therapist and clinical supervisor responses to treatment and any changes in the patient's condition.
2. Treats the patient in accordance with the care plan after the PT performs the initial evaluation to establish treatment goals, frequency, duration and specific modalities to be used in accordance with the physician's orders with the PT. Treat patients to relieve pain, develop or restore function and maintain maximum performance, using physical means, such as exercise, massage, heat, light, and electricity.
3. Reviews weekly the patient's programs. Contacts Physical Therapist directly for patient reports and care as needed, or required by State/Federal guidelines.
4. Submits appropriate written reports of the patient's progress at the designated intervals to the physician and/or PT. All notes written by the PTA will be co-signed (if state requires) by the supervising Physical Therapist.
5. Instructs patients regarding physical therapy procedures designated by the supervising Physical Therapist.
6. Adheres to all applicable federal, state, local and company-maintained standards of care and ethics and policies concerned with the practice of physical therapy and among other things, personnel qualifications.
7. Participates in staff development activities and in in-services education programs.
8. Meets productivity and utilization expectations as established by the Company and the facility.
9. Completes timely clinical documentation to include functional goal-setting, progress and therapeutic approach.
10. Completes administrative/billing documentation timely and accurately.
11. Covers more than one facility as required by the need of the Company.
12. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
For more information please call or email .
To view all available positions, please visit: .
- Job Reference: 1010171136-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: Carolina Therapy Services
- Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent