Schenectady, NY, United States
EmUrgent Care - Rotterdam
Day (United States of America)
Join our team and be part of something BIG.
Imagine how good it would feel to provide state-of-the-art care to people who need it each day.
World-Class specialty care closer to home.
Welcome to Albany Medical Center, providing excellent care to our community each day. We have an exciting opportunity for physician assistants and/or nurse practitioners to join our team.
An ideal candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, both independently and on a team. This is a full-time position salaried position structured as three-four, convenient, 12-hour shifts. This is an onsite position at our Rotterdam site, with some, reimbursable, travel between locations required.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Conduct patient assessments and complete physical examinations
Collect clinical data such as vitals, specimens, point of care testing
Conduct occupational medicine assessments
Complete accurate patient coding
Maintain accurate and detailed patient medical reports
Serve as the on-site leader for clinical staff
Registered Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner with valid New York license and registration
Valid and current DEA license
Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Program
Applicable state licensure as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Preferred 2 years' experience in an Emergency Department or Urgent Care setting; New grads are welcome to apply
Well-developed interpersonal skills and critical judgment.
Able to respond to emergencies in a calm, reasoned manner.
Use of the scientific process and national standards of care as a framework for managing patient care.
Able to quickly master all aspects of a computerized medical recordkeeping and billing system.
Must project a professional image and earn the confidence of others. Must have excellent verbal and written skills and have experience in and a desire to deal professionally with the public. Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills are required.
Must be HIPAA compliant at all times.
Competitive Benefits and Perks:
Paid hands-on training
Opportunities for growth within the Albany Medical Center family
Medical Coverage (CDPHP), Dental and Vision plans available
Located on main public transportation lines
Paid Time Off
AMC Pension Plan and 403B Retirement
Occurrence Based Malpractice Insurance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies knowledge of anatomy, principles or theories of neurology, microbiology, physiology, psychology, human disabilities, pharmacology, gerontology, human growth and development, human developmental disease, and medical terminology as appropriate in an urgent care setting and as appropriate for level of medical licensure.
- Conduct patient assessments and complete physical examinations, collect clinical data including vital signs, collecting specimens, prepare patients for tests, therapy, or treatments, order and interpret medical laboratory test results, diagnose medical condition of patient, administer medications or treatments and perform minor surgery.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Staffs our outpatient addiction medicine clinic in conjunction with the attending physicians.
- Rounds and coordinates care for our inpatient consult service for patients who are admitted to other services including Trauma, Surgery, Medicine, Pediatrics, and Ob/Gyn.
- Coordinates care for ED patients who present with opioid use disorder and related complaints.
- Works with attending physicians to provide clinical support and education for providers caring for patients with opioid use disorder.
- Collaborates with our community partners to enhance access to medical assisted therapy for opioid use disorder.
- Completes accurate patient coding for effective billing, maintain accurate and detailed patient medical reports, and maintain inventory of medical supplies and instruments.
- Serves as a resource and team leader during clinical shifts to ensure the smooth flow of patient processing, treatment and discharge including patient triaging.
- Standing - Constantly
- Walking - Constantly
- Sitting - Rarely
- Lifting - Frequently
- Carrying - Frequently
- Pushing - Occasionally
- Pulling - Occasionally
- Climbing - Occasionally
- Balancing - Occasionally
- Stooping - Frequently
- Kneeling - Frequently
- Crouching - Frequently
- Crawling - Occasionally
- Reaching - Frequently
- Handling - Frequently
- Grasping - Frequently
- Feeling - Constantly
- Talking - Constantly
- Hearing - Constantly
- Repetitive Motions - Constantly
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination - Constantly
- Extreme cold - Rarely
- Extreme heat - Rarely
- Humidity - Rarely
- Wet - Rarely
- Noise - Constantly
- Hazards - Frequently
- Temperature Change - Rarely
- Atmospheric Conditions - Rarely
- Vibration - Rarely
Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!
Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Medical Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a need to know and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.