Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: $25.50/ hour DOE
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Plant Maintenance Mechanic for our Bridgeport Quarry facility located in Chico, TX.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
What You'll Get To Do
Do you pride yourself in the ability to fix anything? Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Plant Maintenance Mechanic to assist with the maintenance operations at this site. You will have the opportunity to tackle new challenges each and every day to keep the plant running smoothly and efficiently.
- Assist with preventative, predictive and corrective equipment maintenance; reviews operation of plant equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate problems and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Inspect equipment for safe and proper operation and perform preventative maintenance per manufacturer's specifications
- Diagnose, install and perform repair and maintenance on crushers, changing jaw dies, bearings, bushings, crusher mantles and other equipment as needed
- Install and replace bearings, speed reducers, shafts, pulleys, idlers, motors, couplings, etc.
- Repair conveyor belts, feeders, and hydraulic systems
- Coordinator and plan work with outside contractors on special projects focusing on cost effectiveness
- Operate individually and within a team environment
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions
What We Are Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years of hands on maintenance experience (or formal technical training), troubleshooting and repair
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Available to work flexible hours, days as well as an excess of 40 hrs. per week as needed
- Knowledge of mechanical moving parts (chains, bearings and rollers)
- Weld and torch, certification a plus
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, power tools, shop machines, hoists, etc.
- Ability to read and fabricate from drawings
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
- MSHA Part 48 Training a plus
No search firms please
Heidelberg Materials is a drug free workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled