We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Production Support Manager to join Global Upholstery Solutions.
Global Upholstery Solutions is a leading manufacturer of high-quality upholstered components. The components are used in a variety of industries. Including automotive, office, and healthcare. Part of the Stannah Group, Global Upholstery Solutions are in Andover, Hampshire.
The Production Support Manager will manage and improve our production process for sewn and upholstered products. The Production Support Manager will be responsible for ensuring that our products meet high-quality standards and that production operations run smoothly, efficiently and are continuously improved.
We're seeking an individual who embodies a results-driven mindset, emphasizing the pursuit of continuous improvement. Additionally, a safety-first approach is imperative, underscoring your commitment to the safety of our business operations.
You will be confident in continuous Improvement tools and techniques such as 5S, TPM, Kaizen, Poka Yoke, Flow and Value Stream development.
The ideal candidate will possess a background in production support management, ideally within the context of a sewn and upholstered products manufacturing environment.
- To establish and document standardised production processes to ensure that products are manufactured efficiently meeting the specified quality standards
- Develop, document and implement production support policies and procedures to maximise production efficiencies by utilising Continuous Improvement techniques
- Identify and support projects and initiatives which improve our Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental performance
- Develop and maintain relationships with the internal Buying and Material Control functions to ensure timely and efficient delivery of materials to the production cells
- Implement and maintain an ISO9000 compliant quality assurance program for Production Support operations
- Establish quality control and assurance protocols in accordance with ISO9000, with procedures established to identify, problem solve and permanently eliminate production problems
- In conjunction with the Production Manager, oversee the production team to ensure their efforts are aligned with production support and departmental goals
- Establish and monitor production metrics, analysing data to identify areas for improvement, i.e., labour efficiencies, waste elimination, scrap reduction, process effectiveness improvements, cost reductions etc.
- Lead cross-functional improvement and process development initiatives with Production, Design, Sales / Business Development, Change Management, Supply Chain / Logistics and departmental Quality Assurance representatives to ensure production goals are aligned with company objectives and strategies
- Identify process / production improvement projects, including CAPEX, for inclusion in the annual departmental cost-reduction programme
- Develop and manage budgets for production support activities
- 5+ years of experience in production support management, preferably in a sewn and upholstered products manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools and techniques (e.g., 5S, TPM, Kaizen, Poka Yoke, Flow, Value Stream development)
- Demonstratable evidence of the successful implementation of continuous improvement techniques with bottom line business benefits
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
Stannah is a family-owned manufacturing and engineering company. Our products move people and goods in and around homes and buildings. We make life easier for people. We do this by improving access for greater convenience and independence.
Joseph Stannah founded the business in 1867. A lot has happened since then and today Stannah is a global business. The family is in their fifth generation and plays a hands-on role in running the business. Most people know us for our stairlifts. Our range of products includes lifts, escalators, and homelifts. We also provide maintenance and repair services.
Stannah Group is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities. We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer. We treat all our job applicants fairly and with respect.
Our employees are the heart of our business. We take great care to create a working environment where everyone feels valued. Join our team and be a part of our diverse and inclusive community!
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme, paid to all employees every quarter. Based on Group Company profits
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Holiday scheme to buy extra days' annual leave
- Pension Scheme. Matched contribution/salary sacrifice
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan. Allows you to claim towards health costs. For example, dental, optical, physiotherapy, chiropody treatments and more
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Long Service award scheme, with holiday benefit
- Company Benefits Discount Rewards Scheme. Includes shop discounts, hotel discounts, days out, and more
- Employee Assistance Programme. A workplace initiative to support and enhance well-being
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity provision
- Free parking
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive high numbers of applications for the role.
COMPANY REF: Global Upholstery Solutions #GUS