Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Schaumburg, Illinois. Benefits
- Flexible, Long-term contracts based on your availability
- Competitive compensation
- Travel-related expenses covered
- Medical malpractice insurance provided
- Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm (Negotiable)
- Very Flexible Scheduling (Call with your Availability)
- Documentation of reasons for medication changes;
- Monthly progress note on patients describing changes in in mental status, behavior and psychoparmacotherapy
- Fitness Status (90 days)
- Progress during facility stay to justify transfer to less secure facility
- Review of seclusion and restraints at least twice a month
- Provide relevant, thorough, and timely psychiatric evaluations within 24 hours of patient admission to the facility, 90 day report, fitness reports, NGRI reports before they come due.
- Perform unit psychiatric evaluations within one week (when patient is transferred from another unit)
- Attend assigned committee meetings or when unable to attend because of assigned work day, read minutes of such meetings once distributed
- Testify in court regarding involuntary commitment, fitness to proceed, involuntary administration of medications and other issues (as required)
- Meet at least monthly with patients to review their medication, explain reasons for the choice of medications and establish a treatment plan taking their concerns into consideration.
- Demonstrate competency by completing proficiency tests and objectives required by the facility and State licensing boards.
- Maintain awareness of the Department and Facility rules, policies and procedures as required
- Provide leadership in managing and treating the patients assigned to Physician's care
- Participation in continuing education workshops and seminars to maintain age and disability specific competency.
- Participate in hospital's peer review program.
- Current Illinois Medical license
- Current Illinois Controlled Substance certificate
- Current DEA certificate