Publicist Job Summary
Sparks Group is looking for a Publicist to join a large faith-based organization dedicated exclusively to serving refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants in the U.S. This is a direct hire opportunity and can be fully remote. In this role, the Publicist will serve as a key communications partner for the CEO and will also work closely with the entire C-suite on publicity as needed.
- Create and execute communications strategies for the CEO that align with organizational priorities, in close coordination with the CCO and Director of PR.
- Use pre-existing relationships to arrange national-level engagements to reach new audiences and demonstrate thought leadership.
- Build new relationships with key national events to help continue to reach new audiences.
- Oversee CEO social media accounts to ensure strong, positive visibility.
- Refine talking points and speeches for high level national events, in close coordination with the speechwriter.
- 5-7 years serving as a publicist for high-profile c-suite executives.
- Experience/knowledge with immigrants, refugees, or asylum seekers.
- Strong professional connections to national-level conferences and other thought leadership opportunities.
- Ability to pitch CEO for events that reach new audiences that align with strategic objectives, including donor communities, affiliated organizations, and religious organizations.
- Superb editing and proofing skills; excellent oral & written communication skills.