As a member of the Queen's Clinically Integrated Physician Network (QCIPN), the quality practice assistant plays a key role in supporting the implementation of quality improvement and change initiatives for our providers. You will work closely with providers, clinic managers, department coordinators, and various other team members, applying insights from data towards improving patient care.
The ideal candidate is mission-driven and has health care experience, preferably in a practice setting. In this role, you will be able to further develop your excellent communication skills and your gift for developing trusting relationships. Ideally, you will have experience in quality improvement and be comfortable working with EMR systems and data. If you are willing to learn new things, are adaptable, enjoy fast paced dynamic environments, if you enjoy variety and working with an energetic, mission driven team, then this position would be a good fit for you.
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works closely with providers, clinic managers, department coordinators and various other team members on performance improvement initiatives, assists with workflows, and supports with optimizing services and programs provided by the Queen's Clinically Integrated Physician Network (QCIPN).
• Serves as the main point of contact between providers and QCIPN.
• Supports the implementation of QCIPN quality improvement programs and ensures goals and objectives are met with assigned providers and/or clinics.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Continuous: lifting to pound, seeing, hearing, speaking, grasping, fingering.
• Frequent to continuous: sitting, standing, walking, bending/stooping below waist level, squatting, twisting, reaching above, at and below shoulders, repetitive arm/hand motion, lifting up to 10 pounds.
• Occasional: kneeling, crouching, climbing, walking on uneven ground, horizontal lift/carry up to maximum of 50 pounds with assistance, floor to waist up to 35 pounds and pushing/pulling maximum weight of 50 pounds of force.
• Operates computer and various office and medical equipment.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Work environment can be fast-paced and hectic.
• Requires access to transportation as travel to off-site locations is involved.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• High School diploma or equivalent education.
• Completion of training as a Medical Assistant preferred.
• One (1) year patient care experience preferably in a physician practice setting; or a bachelor's degree.
• Experience to demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with computers and automated systems.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Depending upon area of assignment, the following experience may be preferred:
o Medical billing and/or coding
o Quality improvement
o Community health
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet