Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: $21.67
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- Sign On Bonus - $2,000!
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits Year-Round
- Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for Winter Work and Learning New Skills
- No Overnights- HOME DAILY!
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Ready Mix Driver for our Nedrow facility located in Central New York.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes way beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
Want to be on solid ground in your career? Be a Ready Mix Driver! You can't get anything more concrete than that! We are seeking qualified Ready Mix Drivers. As a Ready Mix Driver, you will deliver concrete to job sites following safety and operational guidelines; check concrete for quality and size according to ticket; and maintain courteous customer relations.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
- Deliver Ready Mix Concrete to the customer in a timely manner
- Maintain vehicle in a clean, organized, and safe fashion
- Work with customer to achieve maximum customer service
- Observe all safety precautions and rules specified by federal, state, and Company regulations including but not limited to: wearing property safety gear and attending safety meetings, perform pre-trip inspections, complete vehicle inspection reports, and report unsafe conditions and accidents
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Valid Commercial Driver's License Class A or B
- Proficient reading, writing, and math skills
- Minimum of one-year vehicle road experience operating multi-speed transmission of a Commercial vehicle
- Good driving record
- Valid medical card
- Concrete knowledge and experience preferred
- Mechanical background or skills preferred
- Solid attendance and punctuality history
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Work Availability - Be available to work six days a week (Monday-Saturday) and occasionally on Sunday. Must be able to drive a maximum of eleven hours per day and work up to 14 hours per day as regulated by the Department of Transportation.
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please
Heidelberg Materials is a drug free workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled