Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: 23.39
The Role and the Company
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Ready Mix Driver to join our team in Parkersburg, WV.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus of $2,000 paid out in 3 installments (each installment paid at: 3 months, 6 months, 1 year).
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Want to be on solid ground in your career? Be a Ready Mix Driver! You can't get anything more concrete than that! As a Ready Mix Driver you will deliver concrete to job sites following safety and operational guidelines; check concrete for quality and size according to ticket; and maintain courteous customer relations.
- Deliver Ready Mix Concrete to the customer in a timely manner
- Maintain vehicle in a clean, organized, and safe fashion
- Perform minor roadside repairs
- Visually inspect mix, slump and verify load sized
- Work with customer to achieve maximum customer service
- Work closely with dispatch to ensure quickest and safest routes to jobs
- Assemble concrete chutes and operate chute controls during the pour
- Observe all safety precautions and rules specified by federal, state, and Company regulations including but not limited to: wearing property safety gear and attending safety meetings, perform pre-trip inspections, complete vehicle inspection reports, and report unsafe conditions and accidents
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Valid Commercial Driver's License Class A or B
- Proficient reading, writing, and math skills
- Good driving record
- Valid medical card
- Concrete knowledge and experience preferred
- Mechanical background or skills preferred
- Work Availability - Be available to work six days a week (Monday-Saturday). Must be able to drive a maximum of eleven hours per day and work up to 14 hours per day as regulated by the Department of Transportation.
- Solid attendance and punctuality history
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to lift and assemble concrete chutes weighing 60 lbs.
- Secure, long-term employment
- Competitive wage and benefits package
- Training and development
- Opportunities for advancement
- OT available
Heidelberg Materials is a drug free workplace.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled