The Real Estate and Privacy Legal Assistant will play a key real estate and licensing role in a busy corporate acquisition and divestiture practice, as well as provide support on data privacy compliance. This role will require researching the law, investigating facts, and preparing legal documents. This person will perform legal assignments that are varied and complex in nature. Assignments may be broad, requiring originality, ingenuity, and a high degree of technical skill.
- Review and analyze title reports and surveys.
- Draft closing checklist and closing documents and coordinate closings with assistance from Corporate Counsel.
- Prepare deeds and transfer documents.
- Communicate with title company and counterparties concerning real estate and licensing matters.
- Ensure state-specific regulatory requirements regarding divestitures and acquisitions are met, including filing licensing applications.
- Heavily involved in problem solving solutions and will act as a liaison with business owners and internal business units to resolve issues that may arise from transactions.
- Manage customer data subject access request process from inception to fulfillment, including intake, review, processing, tracking and response.
- Draft letter responses to customer data subject access requests under Corporate Counsel supervision.
- Partner with IT, Marketing and Customer Service teams to resolve issues related to customer privacy choices, website operations and email communications.
- Maintain updates to privacy related forms, websites and database of vendor contracts.
- Support privacy and cybersecurity compliance projects such as training, data mapping and quarterly and annual program reporting.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- At least 2 years of real estate title review or closing experience.
- Familiarity with lien releases, deeds, escrow agreements and other real estate related documents.
- Ability to research and summarize statues and rules, make regulatory filings and draft form letters with assistance from Corporate Counsel.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Strong inter-personal skills to function effectively as team member.