Under the direct supervision of a Therapist or Therapy Assistant, the Rehabilitation Technician will be responsible for participating in patient activities. The Rehabilitation Technician must be flexible to meet the needs of the department and provide clerical backup as needed to the department. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Provides assistance with appropriate patient activities as delegated by and under the direct supervision of licensed/certified staff, e.g., PT, OT, PTA, COTA, SLP, CTRS, RN or LVN/LPN.
• Demonstrates competency in accordance with hospital policy, procedures and practices.
• Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with patients of varying ages and diagnoses, as noted above.
• Communicates results of patient-related duties and follows through on changes in duties as directed by licensed staff.
• Follows safety standards while performing patient-related duties, including use of safety belts, good body mechanics and equipment safety procedures.
• Communicates appropriately with the patient and his/her family, caregiver(s), and/or significant other.
• Orders supplies as necessary to support patient care.
• Assists patients with mobility, positioning, and functional activities as needed.
• Prepares, maintains, and cleans treatment areas and equipment regularly and restocks supplies.
• Reports equipment repairs or supply needs to supervisor.
Education and Training: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Current BLS certification required.
Experience: No experience required. Prior health experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to function in repetitive and/or changing tasks with ease.
• Ability to work and reason independently, logically, impartially and accurately.
• Organizational ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ability to read and write English language including basic medical terminology and abbreviations.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.