Tarvos Talent is looking for a tax preparer with a strong attention to detail to fill a contract to hire position for a local Austin CPA firm. You will be preparing tax returns for clients along with other administrative functions. Please do not apply if you do not have at least 2 years of recent tax preparation experience and a CPA or EA license. Some of your daily activities will include:
- Preparing simple to complex personal and business tax returns for individuals and businesses.
- Computing taxes owed by following the current tax codes.
- Uncovering potential deductions and credits.
- Examining previously filed income tax returns to verify information and amend tax liabilities.
- Reviewing financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenses.
- Contacting clients to assist with completion of tax forms, address discrepancies and to request supporting documentation.
- Maintaining records in the Customer Relationship Management system.
- Must have a current CPA or EA license.
- Must possess a high-level of attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and via email.
- Must be able to remain calm and productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be on-time and present when scheduled to work.
- Must be able to multi-task and be courteous with clients.
There is great potential for advancement and a long-term career opportunity for the right candidate. We are interviewing for this position immediately, so APPLY NOW online.