A hospital in Sacramento, California is adding a BC Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist for a full-time and permanent position. The physician will be an Independent contractor.
- Monthly unit director stipend
- Option to teach psychiatry residents & fellows from UC Davis
- Average of 8 weekends/year rounding
- Flexible caseload ranging from 14-20, depending on individual preferences
- Mixed Inpatient/Outpatient caseload available
- No visa support
- Negotiable sign-on/relocation bonus
Sacramento, the capital of California, has been a leading agricultural and transportation center for most of its history. In the past 15 years, as costs have escalated in California?s coastal cities, thousands have migrated to the area for its reduced cost of living and proximity to San Francisco and Lake Tahoe. Now, as a result, growth and traffic issues have become top-of-mind issues for the area. Downtown Sacramento is pleasant and attractive but somewhat lacking in entertainment and activities (aside from the restored historic ?Old Sacramento? riverfront downtown area). Most recent growth has occurred to the north, northeast, and south as typical California sprawl- freeways, strip malls, and endless developments of tightly packed homes. Job growth projections remain strong.
To discuss this position further, please apply.