- Execute lab work at a high level for new therapeutic modalities (e.g., peptides, oligonucleotides, virus, antibodies, non-viral delivery systems, etc.).
- Lead in implementing experimental studies to build product and process knowledge.
- Initiates and completes routine laboratory procedures in an independent and efficient manner; Troubleshoots equipment and experiments effectively and solves scientific problems independently; Operates lab equipment and is responsible for maintenance.
- Designs and executes non-routine experiments with minimal supervision.
- Contributes to lab organization, reagent tracking, and other tasks as determined appropriate.
- Independently presents scientific findings in project team or Department meetings.
- Actively participates in cross-functional teams/initiatives.
- Independently writes protocols, SOPs, technical reports in accordance with company policies.
- Independently applies basic scientific principles and technology. Performs literature searches and keeps abreast of relevant literature.
- Collects, treats and reports data with a high level of integrity and ethics. Effectively communicates work orally and in writing. Write protocols, procedures, and technical documents. Provide input to others for scientific reports.
- Understand appropriate regulations and legal requirements as well as client policies and procedures as relevant to areas of expertise; Apply knowledge to ensure safe and compliant practices, manage risk, and maximize opportunities for projects to succeed.
- Experience with wet chemistry preparation methods. Buffers, mobile phases, multi-component formulation preparation.
- Experience with traditional chromatography methods such as all modes of HPLC, Field Flow Fractionation (FFF/AF4), SEC, etc.
- Ability to plan and conduct laboratory experiments, evaluate, interpret and report technical data.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with NMR spectroscopy analysis is a plus.
- Experience with sub-micron particle sizing methodologies such as DLS or Flow Cam is a plus.
- Experience with fluorescent labelling, microscopy and/or image analysis is a plus.
- Experience with biophysical testing; DNA/RNA isolation, electrophoresis, PCR, etc. is a plus.
Master's Degree with 3+ years' experience in a related field or bachelor's degree with 5+ years' experience in a related field.