The Senior Director, Market Access & Trade is responsible for the execution of market access and trade strategies that increase patient access and drive business growth. This position will collaborate with senior leadership to design, develop, and implement trade and market access strategies. The position will also manage company Strategic Trade, Long-term Care, and Market Access teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure growth of therapies through targeted market access and trade strategies.
- Create innovative programs designed to stimulate stakeholders to improve patient's access to therapies across all channels while maintaining alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop reporting procedures that monitor program effectiveness and ROI.
- Demonstrate understanding of the customer buying process and product value proposition.
- Effectively collaborate with Contracts & Pricing, Finance, Sales, and Marketing teams.
- Help develop strong relationships with US Trade accounts including wholesalers, specialty pharmacies, retail chains, long-term care pharmacies, pharmacy cooperatives, third party logistics provider, etc.
- Develop analytics and communicate findings with senior leadership.
- Day to day management of Market Access, Long-Term Care, and Strategic Trade teams.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Trade and market access experience and knowledge across multiple channels - retail, hospital, long-term care, etc.
- Bachelor's degree is required, advanced degree MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of successful Trade/Market Access management in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated success in the design and execution of creative Trade and market access strategies.
- Strong knowledge of US Pharmaceutical distribution, third party logistics, channel compliance, and distribution regulations.
- Ability to plan and achieve challenging objectives, based on a sound understanding of industry market trends and customer needs.
- Ability to manage trade and market access on a national level
- Competencies: Strategic Initiative, Problem Solving, Adaptability, Presentation skills, Cross-Functional Teamwork and Collaboration, Independent Judgement, Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Travel up to 20%