Apply for this job now
Senior Fund Accountant - PFS
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
Senior Accountant I (Fund) is responsible for coordinating and delegating the overall day-to-day work of their particular clients. This position acts as a "Team Lead" to ensure that the day-to-day work and deadlines are completed as scheduled. Senior Accountant I (Fund) responsibilities consist of reviewing daily cash transactions, reviewing the general ledger for client funds, reviewing quarterly financial statements and related schedules, and responding to client and investor requests. This position will require regular interaction with clients, team members and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Review of journal entries and maintenance of general ledger and/or preparation of entries where necessary;
• Review of quarterly and annual reporting packages prior to management approval;
• Review of quarterly and annual financial statements prior to management approval;
• Review of capital calls and distributions prior to management approval;
• Coordinate the delivery of capital call and distributions notices to clients and the investors;
• Review of correspondence with client investors to address inquiries as needed;
• Communicate with clients to establish deadlines for quarterly and annual deliverables in accordance with clients' LPA requirements;
• Review all team wires/transfers prior to treasury approval and sign off;
• Prepare/review moderate to complex waterfall calculations and management fee calculations
• Assist in the development and training of new team members as required;
• Coordination and completion of special projects as directed by the client or as directed by management as assigned;
• Assist with new client onboarding;
Knowledge And Skills
• Sound knowledge of accounting principles, methods, procedures, internal controls with the ability to exercise good judgement in selecting and interpreting information;
• Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships;
• Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professional in the performance of duties;
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, assisting in the coordination of the work of other team members as needed;
• Advanced computer and technical skills, including the use of MS Office Suite and other financial systems;
• Ability to effectively provide team members and others with information, training, and assistance as needed;
• Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex accounting procedures and analysis; preparation of work papers; general knowledge of financial reporting;
• Demonstrate sound research, interpretive and problem-solving abilities.
• 2 - 5+ years' (relevant) experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred;
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field;
• Advanced degree (MBA or MSA) in Accounting or related field strongly preferred;
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is strongly preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of Investran or other partnership accounting software a plus;
• Ability to multitask, time management, attention to detail, planning and problem-solving skills required;
• Ability to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle/manage multiple team and individual priorities and deadlines.
Ultimus Leverpoint is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of the applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, citizenship or any other status entitled to protection under federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws. No questions on our employment application are intended to secure information that is to be used for impermissible purposes.