To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Yale/Yale New Haven Hospital Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE) is a leading national outcomes research center dedicated to transforming healthcare for the betterment of people and society by leveraging data, analytics, and technology. We have assembled a talented, multidisciplinary group who are committed to developing solutions to the practical needs of medicine and healthcare. Our organization combines the highest academic ideals with a pragmatic approach that emphasizes the production of useful knowledge. We are distinguished by our creativity, dedication, experience, and skills, and our commitment to having our work make a tangible difference to patients, the public, and society. For additional information on CORE, please visit our website: The Senior Health Outcomes Researcher I (one) will provide technical oversight and management of projects. The Senior Health Outcomes Researcher I leads the conceptual design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing reevaluation of national health care quality measures and advances measurement methods. The primary role is to supervise, provide technical expertise and oversee multi-disciplinary teams in completing high quality products for projects like the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) contract to develop, reevaluate, and implement quality measures for national public reporting and tracking trends. The list of accountabilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties that management may deem necessary from time to time. The duties of this position can be carried out remotely if this meets the business need of CORE. Flexible work schedules and telecommuting are available if needed and/or desired.
1. Develops high-functioning project teams, supports and leads productive and harmonious team dynamics, ensures team efficiency, defines project scope and deliverables, and ensures alignment with stakeholder requirements.
2. Represents COREs Quality Measurement (QM) Programs to ensure timely and seamless communication by liaising between CORE managers, directors, project managers, analysts and stakeholders.
3. Provides regular, effective communication to internal teams and external stakeholders about project scope, timelines, and potential risks to the project through briefings, presentations, conference calls, and email.
4. Leads project teams and ensures that they have clear objectives in accordance with project requirements, an understanding of the scope and deliverables, and adequate resources to complete tasks
5. Supports teams with content and framing of all products and responds to questions from internal and external stakeholders.
6. Accountable to the Contract Director and managers for managing subcontractor/consultant management (e.g. engaging in decisions about budget changes).
7. Supervises technical project leads by providing guidance, support and supervision of technical project leads, meeting regularly, providing input on progress, and responding to questions related to assigned tasks.
8. Communicates updates and concerns regarding projects, teaming, individual staff performance, budget/resources, key technical decisions, and changes to timeline and deliverables to applicable CORE manager(s) and/or director(s).
9. Strategically problem-solves methodological/team/process issues that arise with teams, directors and analysts related to assigned work.
10. Attends and participates in relevant technical and project meetings.
11. Ensures project teams are on track to deliver high quality deliverables on time by guiding the design of, reviewing, editing, and approving products, prior to Director(s) review.
12. Recommends and implements strategies to improve work flow and quality of products.
13. Performs a lead role in developing and writing contract and grant proposals and manuscripts.
Undergraduate degree in a scientific or health related discipline required. Advanced scientific or clinical degree or equivalent experience (MS/MPH/MD/PhD/DPH) preferred.
Minimum of 9 years of experience in technical components of health services, health policy or related research with an undergraduate degree; 5 years with a Masters; or 4 years with doctoral or professional degree. Experience should include at least 3 years of experience successfully leading projects or teams. Formal training in health services research methods preferred. Demonstrated technical and/or health policy experience. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated competencies in epidemiology, health policy and analytical skills. Experience supervising professional staff preferred. Demonstrated experience collaborating with other government contractors or independent non-government agencies that support outcomes measure work preferred.
Comprehensive knowledge of policies pertaining to research studies. Demonstrated competencies in computer software to support research project(s). Well-developed oral and written communication, organizational, and analytical skills that include the ability to bring applied knowledge to analytic questions. Project management, budget management, staff mentorship and training skills. Experience leading diverse, multi-generational, multidisciplinary teams. Demonstrated experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously that cover a broad range of technical areas and adhering to deadlines.
Position is co-terminus with funding and fully funded by our grants and contracts.