About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw's and many more recognizable names.
What you will be doing
This position presents the opportunity to work in a strategically important and fast paced analytics team. The Pricing Analyst will work cross-functionally and will be responsible for delivering data-driven, actionable insights that increase Sales and Profits.
This position may be based in any division or corporate location.
- Analyze large amounts of data, synthesize, and communicate actionable insights / recommendations to business leaders that drive positive impact to Sales and Profits. Some examples of Strategic Pricing decisions include Promotional Optimization, Price Investments, Category Re-balancing, Competitive Pricing analysis, Price Zoning & Store Clustering, and program measurement/reporting.
- Develop KPI reports with clear and concise communication to executive leadership.
- Oversee large data-related pricing projects, collaborating with cross-functional departments to develop and implement improved reporting and data processes.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and produce reporting that measures and drives our merchandising objectives.
- Continually evaluate competitors and marketplace dynamics to assess the impact on our business and develop related pricing strategy recommendations.
- Develop deep understanding of category financial levers including sales, markdowns, funding, and profitability as inputs to our pricing strategy.
- Develop knowledge of customer shopping behaviors, customer segmentation, category strategies, and key business drivers as inputs to our pricing strategy.
- Partner with leadership to understand business initiatives and related pricing implications. Anticipate marketplace events and develop what-if scenarios to address changing business dynamics.
The salary range is $82,900 to $107,680 annually. Starting salary will vary based on criteria such as location, experience, and qualifications. There may be flexibility for exceptional candidates. Benefits may include medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, sick pay (accrued based on hours worked), PTO/Vacation Pay (accrued based on hours worked) or Flexible Time Off, paid holidays (8-9 days annually), bereavement pay, and retirement benefits (such as 401(k) eligibility).
What we are searching
- Bachelor's degree preferred; 4-year degree or equivalent experience Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Finance, Statistics
- Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SQL preferred
- Adept with Business Intelligence tools
- Ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of information clearly and concisely
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Pricing related experience preferred
- 5+ years of Analytical experience
What it is like at Albertsons?
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success