Title: Social Media Manager
Job Location: Pittsburgh, Remote USA or Remote LATAM
Employment Type: Full Time
Announcement No. PK-058
The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that's a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Creating competition and community is all part of our game plan-and we're just getting started building the future of gaming!
Who are we? We are the Knights, a pro esports team and gaming lifestyle brand that develops innovative events and products to inspire competition and create community. Founded in 2017, the Knights is forging a new path in disrupting the current esports industry landscape by using data to help drive business success. By championing our values of excellence, sportsmanship, and a fighting spirit, the Knights strive to thrive and transform into a recognized category leader.
Do you have a passion for making connections with others and managing relationships? Do you love to transform big challenges into business opportunities? Are you someone who thrives when working in a fast-paced collaborative environment? If your answer is yes, you could be a perfect fit for our Social Media Manager role available at the Knights, where you will make a real impact through your work on projects and involvement in the gaming community. In this role, Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, this position is responsible for the overall experience and value of the Knights' Social platforms. This position is an expert in memes, trends, and entertainment and will sit at the forefront of the brand, working across departments to deliver best-in-class social experiences for fans. Oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads, and positive customer behavior.
- Manage/distribute all social posts across all platforms.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to plan and execute social media campaigns that grow our audience and increase fan engagement.
- Create and share entertaining gifs and video clips from Knights' matches, player streams, events, etc. Identify and log video clips that would be better suited for longer form, edited content.
- Work closely with talent and athletes on deliverables, content, and daily operations.
- Work jointly with other marketing members, PR, sponsorship, content team, and team managers, among others for larger social initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Content Planner and manage the content calendar in coordination with the Content Planner manager. Assist in content production, ideas, and editing.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Content teams and execute social media campaigns and promotions.
- Work with the Graphics Department/Content Department on designing visual posts.
- Research and propose marketing plans for branding, sponsorships, and social platforms.
- Create and post sponsor-related social media posts across Team Knights' entire network of social accounts.
- Work with management to build structures for the organization.
- Fluent in social media, gaming, esports, and internet culture trends (e.g. memes) that will resonate with a gaming audience.
- Manage a team of social media coordinators and match coverage assistants including scheduling staff and identifying talent.
- Analyze social media performance to drive understanding of the impact and ongoing optimization.
- Report to the Marketing team with all current and undergoing updates from the social team.
- Establish social media strategy; led ideation, execution, and analytics for the social media strategy.
Ideally, you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or relevant area of study.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience working across multiple social and digital platforms.
- Demonstrated Management experience
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder) and Google products.
- Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
- Experience in video editing
- High-level organization skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work evenings. Weekends, based on business needs.
- Must be able to take initiative and independently complete tasks and projects.
- Must maintain a positive, professional attitude always and be receptive to input and constructive criticism.
- Knowledge of Esports is a must.
- Remote status
- Fully remote
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): Pittsburgh Knights provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Check out and Follow us for more fun and interesting news on the Official Website