Orange County SC is Orange County's only professional soccer team playing in the United Soccer League (USL) Championship, the fastest growing Division II professional soccer league in the world. The USL Championship is comprised of 24 teams across the United States. The team plays its home games at the Orange County Great Park's Championship Soccer Stadium, located in Irvine, CA. Nestled in the heart of the Great Park, Championship Soccer Stadium has a capacity of over 5,000 for Orange County SC matches. The schedule consists of 17 regular season home games, plus a handful of additional events. Orange County SC was one of 12 founding members of the USL during its inaugural 2011 season when it played as the LA Blues before moving to Orange County in 2013. In 2021, Orange County SC brought home the USL Championship Cup as the league's best team besting the Tampa Rowdies, 3-1 in the playoff final to capture the USL Championship title.
As Social Media Specialist you work closely with the Marketing and Content team to strengthen Orange County SC's social presence. This individual will lead the planning, development, and execution of content creation and channel management across Orange County SC social channels. This role is strategic, creative and executional. In addition to managing the brand's channels, this role will contribute to broader storytelling and influencer marketing across a variety of channels by way of messaging strategy, copywriting, content creation, and more.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Hands-on planning, managing, creating, and posting across all social platforms including TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube
- Provide in-game coverage on all social media platforms with accurate descriptions of live play
- Write top notch, clever and creative social copy
- Create engaging and original content for all social media platforms
- Detail the success of social media campaigns by analyzing key metrics to drive new and existing strategies
- Drive increased awareness of Orange County SC promotions, products, and content
- Responsible for deadlines and managing the flow of projects to ensure delivery of critical deadlines
- Monitor conversations with fans, brands, and influencers for intentional engagement opportunities
- Assist in graphic design when needed to maintain consistent overall brand image. Focus areas include email, social, website design, video board and grassroots creative.
- Photo and video editing using Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Will be asked to lead and or assist in additional marketing functions as needed
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- At least one year of experience in hands-on social media management with a sports team or brand
- Knowledge of, and passion for, soccer is critical
- Strong background in top social media platforms, including TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter
- Expert knowledge across Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects) with video editing and design capabilities
- Excellent copywriting, written, and communication skills
- Must be able to produce quality photo and video with a mobile device
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Self-starter willing to own responsibilities and uphold a standard of excellence
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure and within deadlines
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multitask with shifting deliverables
- Fun, friendly, positive team player who is open to receiving and executing feedback
- Ability to work flexible hours with night and weekend work schedules when required
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A fast-paced environment in a sport and a large local market with exceptional presence and growth potential, both in the US and abroad. An entrepreneurial culture where creativity and out-of-the-box thinking are welcomed and integrated into a results-oriented framework. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays, non-traditional hours
- This job requires desk work, field work and ability to execute in a fast-paced, mobile environment
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.