The Sport and Community Lead is responsible for growing brand awareness, consideration, and authenticity for Salomon Alpine in the US. They will have a deep and respected connection to all facets of the alpine sport community where they engage and partner with junior athletes, ambassadors, content creators, and key retailers. The ideal candidate will be an expert on the alpine market and provide insights, emerging trends, and consumer feedback to the marketing manager. While working at a local level, this feedback will help influence global strategy and go-to-market execution. This position will execute the community, ambassador and event playbook for the US aligned with regional product launches, events, and global guidelines. Success in this role is demand creation with the next generation of skiers in the US.
WHAT MAKES THIS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK & PLAY:
- Hybrid work schedule
- A generous PTO policy, plus 15 paid annual holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Half-day Fridays for 6 months of the year
- An exceptional employee discount on all our products and sister brands (Arc'teryx, Armada, Atomic, Wilson)
- Powder Bell powder days throughout the winter season
- Free gym membership and resort season pass to local locations & mountains
- Opportunities to engage in the community and with industry partners
SCOPE OF WORK: All Salomon alpine categories (hardgoods, protective, apparel, bags)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Join us as the Sport and Community Lead for Alpine and make a las ng impact on the alpine sports community's growth, engagement, and well-being. Embrace the opportunity to inspire athletes and enthusiasts while fostering a sense of camaraderie and excitement for alpine sports.
- Develop and execute community engagement plans to unite alpine sports enthusiasts and cultivate a strong sense of belonging.
- Organize and oversee events, workshops, and gatherings to bring together athletes, novices, and industry professionals for skill-sharing and networking.
- Foster online community growth through social media, forums, and other digital platforms, promoting discussion and knowledge exchange.
- Strong self-awareness and ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Create and manage key relationships with identified clubs, organizations, and resorts
- Scout, identify, and propose talent and partnership opportunities to the local marketing manager
- Activate brand/product launches, support early season sales through field activation, product teasing online
Education and Awareness:
- Organize and execute on-snow demos to support sales, marketing and category teams
- Organize workshops and seminars to educate the community about responsible practices, including Leave No Trace principles and environmental sustainability.
Partnerships and Sponsorships:
- Identify, establish, and maintain partnerships with relevant industry stakeholders, such as equipment manufacturers, outdoor gear retailers, and local businesses.
- Secure sponsorships for community events and programs to enhance their quality and reach
Tracking and Reporting:
- Manage travel expenses and local marketing budget as assigned
- Recommend platforms and other services that can support the team with necessary reporting
- Responsible for USA consumer sports marketing scorecard reporting (ex: ambassadors, events, product seeded, PR)
- Create a return-on-investment model for local ambassadors/junior athletes with manager's support
Support and Management:
- Manage day to day relationships with local ambassador and junior athlete teams in alignment with regional guidance, inclusive of local team management responsibility as defined by leadership
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3 - 5 years practical experience in Alpine Ski industry is required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Energy, positive attitude, solution finding! You are one of the faces of the alpine brand
- Deep knowledge of the ski community and industry
- Ski tuning, ski mounting and boot fitting experience
- Planning, organizing and preparation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects at once while prioritizing based on the business
- Budget management as requested
- Ability to clearly brief teams and deliver results
- Passion for promoting environmental sustainability and responsible outdoor practices.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, to accommodate community events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee must occasionally kneel, stoop, crouch, twist, and lift to 30 pounds, with or without accommodations.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This Job also requires driving and possession of a state issued Driver's License.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Permanent Contract, Full Time
Job based inOgden, UT