Apply for this job now
Sr. Financial Analyst
- Denver, Colorado
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
OmniTRAX is the second-largest private management company of short-line railroads in North America with expertise in simplifying the entire process of shipping by rail. We call it Rail Made Easy. OmniTRAX is a complete shipping partner, using railroads, ports, transloading, logistics, warehousing, and industrial development to help businesses move their products conveniently and efficiently, whether their final destination is across the city or across the world.
OmniTRAX is looking to hire a Sr. Financial Analyst to join our dynamic team of employees in a fast-growing, fast-paced work environment.
The Senior Financial Analyst serves as a business partner measuring OmniTRAX's performance and maintains a rolling forecast; executes financial modeling support to key functional areas across the organization including, but not limited to: Commercial, Operations, Mergers & Acquisitions and Senior Management. Ensures timely and accurate delivery of information tracking efficiency and profitability of the organization in effort to support strategic company objectives. Conducts analysis to assess short and long term range goals using generally accepted financial and accounting principles, theories and concepts.
The Senior Financial Analyst demonstrates and adheres to the company values of safety, honesty, ownership, respect and teamwork to ensure successful partnership with customers and employees that result in OmniTRAX's continued success.
• Partner with business leaders and units to drive profitable growth
• Maintain financial and operational metrics to evaluate and direct business performance; analyze operational and financial data to develop profit improvement recommendations
• Evaluate capital investment proposals including financial returns and sensitivities to key assumptions
• Develop key performance metrics that succinctly measure performance and project future results
• Execute monthly variance analysis on individual operating unit's performance, including multiple KPI's
• Effectively interface with leaders to understand, and report upon key financial trends, challenges opportunities and forecast implications
• Measure actual results compared to forecast
• Perform trend analysis: market/competitive analysis, etc.
• Maintain 18-month quarterly forecast for individual operating units
• Extensive coordination with Commercial and Operations: provide most current view of expected business performance
• Perform financial modeling through cash flows
• Execute costing models to evaluate profitability and efficiency of potential new customers, changes to operating plans, and/or segment profitability
• Evaluate Merger and Acquisitions: provide financial modeling and reports as requested
• Work with internal business partners on financial requests: take lead and resolve any barriers
• Create and maintain audit documentation for internal controls
• Participate in evaluation of any new financial planning tools to support the forecasting and budgeting
• Assist team members with requests: ensure accurate and timely processes process
• Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned
• Starting Annual Salary: $119,267
• FLSA Status: Exempt, Not Eligible for Overtime
• Eligible for Participation - Annual Discretionary Bonus
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• 5+ years' related experience
• Working knowledge of planning and modeling software like Adaptive Planning or FinanceSeer
• Exceptional planning and organization skills
• High attention to detail, critical thinker
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills: determine appropriate actions
• Communicate complex financial analysis to all levels of the organization and externally
• Work with little direction to complete projects timely and accurately
• Driven to meet deadlines, exceed goals and thrive under multi-project workload
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effectively converse with all levels of the company
• Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite; Advanced skills in Excel
• Professional integrity and accountability
• Work in fast-paced, collaborative environment
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Previous experience in Rail Transportation, Supply Chain Logistics, Manufacturing and/or Oil and Gas industries
• Public Accounting experience
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
• Certified Corporate FP&A Professional
• Work in a climate controlled office and routinely use standard office equipment
• Minimal, as business requiresOmniTRAX requires all new hires to successfully complete a post-offer drug screen and criminal background check.
OmniTRAX is proud to be an EEO/Veteran/Disability employer.
OmniTRAX is committed to protecting its employees and our communities from COVID-19.
COVID-19 vaccination is preferred.
- Job Reference: 1010170129-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: OMNITRAX, INC
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Salary: USD119,267
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent