Pay Class: Salaried Non-Exempt
Minimum Pay Rate: $30.62
Maximum Pay Rate: $41.34
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to fit in to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to start a career in the Maintenance Department with a leader in the cement manufacturing industry. The cement plant in Union Bridge, MD is looking for a dedicated self - motivated individual to join their team. The position reports to the Maintenance Planner and a partial list of significant responsibilities are listed below.
- Create and complete the plant work orders in coordination with the Maintenance Planner in SAP
- Maintain information in SAP for the department including; registration of new equipment, preventive maintenance protocols, and equipment bill of materials.
- Create work orders based on needs and schedules developed by the planner as well as notifications from field inspections. Close out work orders when completed.
- Load the nomenclature for new equipment and create PMs for the new equipment per the Project Managers.
- Update all equipment records for accuracy, including equipment data sheets, drawing files, equipment catalog/manual files, and capital asset lists.
- Scaffold contractor coordination. Utilizing knowledge of planned work and coordination with the plant management teams, ensuring contractors are provided information on set up in the plant.
- Input new equipment, including bill of materials, into the SAP and file system.
- Coordinate with crane rental companies and schedule as appropriate. May be required to provide input into the size and type of crane needed based on the work planned.
- Perform monthly mill inspections (both vertical and horizontal mills) to provide input into maintenance requirements.
- Facilitate 11:30am maintenance meeting when required.
- Review data in SAP to proactively identify upcoming PM recommendations for equipment. Research PM guidelines for equipment when issues are identified as a potential solution / root cause.
- Provide assistance to the storeroom to pull parts needed for jobs to provide greater efficiency in fulfilling work orders.
- Ensure corrective action notifications from field inspections and condition monitoring issues result in generation of corrective work orders and distribute them according to their work centers.
- Distribute and receive all plant work orders to ensure the right labor, spare parts usage and feedback data are entered into the work orders so as to attain historical data registered and archived in SAP.
- Prepare weekly work order log lists for coordination meetings. Gather the data for maintenance key indicators when requested.
This position will be based in Union Bridge, MD
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- HS Diploma is required, post HS technical training preferred.
- Technical background in maintenance is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in Windows office applications; working knowledge and experience of SAP Software/PM Module is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to speak clearly and convey information clearly and effectively through written documents.
- Team player to interface alongside working colleagues.
- Allocate own time efficiently; handle multiple demands and priorities.
- Willingness to adapt to work schedule in order to meet cement industry production needs.
- Ability to use AutoCAD as required opening drawings and plotting drawings.
- Capable of rapid knowledge growth through company sponsored and/or self-education.
- Possess analytical and methodical thinking skills
- Industrial plant maintenance experience is desired.
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
At Heidelberg Materials, we care a great deal about your health which is why there is no waiting period to participate in highly competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions.
External candidates must be able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled