AdTheorent is the leader in DSP machine learning solutions for advertising. Since 2011, AdTheorent's advanced machine learning and media buying platform, A\T Platform, has delivered measurable real-world value for advertisers in a managed-service capacity. In 2020, we decided to offer that platform - built for traders, by traders - as a self-service offering: AdTheorent Direct Access. The Direct Access team is comprised of account managers, implementation specialists, campaign optimizers, and data scientists to provide a level of service not typically provided by self-service solutions. This role can sit remote, anywhere in the US, and only requires quarterly visits to our NYC office.
This contract position is part-time, 20 hours/week. This can be a 6-12 month assignment.
About the Role:
AdTheorent is looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of users working in the AdTheorent platform. The Technical Writer will require technology or digital media experience at a SaaS company, and is responsible for developing and maintaining product documentation in a unified voice, to convey clear and effective product details which will be the foundation for training content and help drive an optimal customer experience. The primary responsible responsibility of the Technical Writer will be to document processes and products across the organization. You will work with a team of talented product managers, marketers, designers, developers, quality engineers, and product managers, operational teams, as well as the learning and development team to make our products easier to learn and use.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements, keep up to date with product status and feature enhancements
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Create compelling content that helps users in developing expertise with the AdTheorent platform
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Meet with internal teams across the organization, from business to product to engineering in order to document their processes and policies in detail based on presentations and discussions
- Compile details product, policy and SOP documents that will be shared both internally and externally
- Organize and publish written documentation to company intranet
- Manage updates and revisions tied to product releases, in addition to documenting existing functionality
- Manage documents to maintain continuity/consistency (attention to detail here is key)
- Maintain library of terminology and documentation that will be the starting point for colleagues to create training materials
- Work closely with our Learning & Development team
- BA/BS and 3-5+ years of experience writing and delivering compelling documentation for complex software
- 3+ years' experience with a software application and documenting its functionality
- Ideal ad-tech experience, or experience working with a more advanced software tool
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- A technical background or a strong knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to collaborate with technical subject matter experts and managers to develop content
- Passion for working with leading edge digital technologies and understanding client benefits
- Excellent project management skills: follow-through on goals, plans, and projects, project management experience is a plus
- Seeking a self-starter, someone who is proactive, detail-oriented, and eager to learn, with a high level of flexibility and adaptability
- Experience with Wordpress Confluence or similar and content management systems CMS
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Experience with content management systems (e.g., Zendesk, Freshdesk, Atlassian Confluence)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with other digital content vehicles, such as video tutorials, webinars, podcasts, etc.
Compensation range: $80-100/hour - for this part time contract assignment. We offer an award-winning office culture!
The hourly range provided is AdTheorent's current assessment for this role. The confirmed hourly rate will be commensurate with experience, education, skills, and other factors. This is subject to change, but will be no less than the minimum stated. We encourage all to apply, as applicants will be assessed on an individual basis. Job title and hourly rate will depend on qualifications and experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to foster community, inclusion and diversity within the organization. We encourage all qualified candidates, regardless of racial, religious, sexual or gender identity, to apply.