We build the best mobile apps in sports.
Our digital and mobile products are used by 200+ sports clubs in the NFL, NBA, LaLiga, MLS, NHL, LigaMX, AFL (Australia), and more.
YinzCam is looking for a Technical Writer to be responsible for the creation, planning, and maintenance of all product documentation for the company's mobile/web/data products. The role requires working with designers, engineers, product owners, QA analysts, and project managers.
You will have an opportunity to meet with our sports clients to understand their pain points, their wishes for specific solutions, and to work towards capturing product specifications in a way that scales to the needs of many. You will be involved in every new product, from inception to delivery. You will be involved in documenting every existing product. Your words will have significant cross-functional impact and will create lasting value.
You will own the entire lifecycle of documentation for product management for all new and existing products of the company. This will include the creation, planning, and maintenance to technical architecture documents, user stories, product requirements, sequence diagrams, Gantt charts for product roadmaps, etc.
- (External role) Be able to conduct product-discovery sessions with clients, to derive business requirements and high-level technical requirements;
- (Internal role) Collaborate with product owners, designers, and engineers to develop technical requirements and technical-architecture documents, starting from business requirements;
- (External and Internal role) Maintain product documentation up-to-date, as features and functionality evolve.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technical writing, remaining organized under tight deadlines, and doing what it takes to meet deadlines.
- 3+ years of experience with product documentation
- 3+ years of experience with product-management practices
- 3+ years of experience of working in fast-paced technical companies
- 3+ years of experience of working with JIRA for user-story and requirements writing
- 3+ years of experience with Visio, draw.io, sequence diagrams for user flow
- Self-starter, with the ability to learn quickly and independently
- Professional, articulate verbal and written communication
- Attention to grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and clarity of writing
- Highly-organized, deadline-oriented, ability to thrive under pressure.