Apply for this job now
Therapist-OASAS/Other Licensed Professional (OLP)
- Amityville, New York
- USD30.00 to USD35.00 Per Hour
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
Hope For Youth has an opening for a Part Time Therapist in our OASAS licensed clinic and Other Licensed Professional OMH program. Hope For Youth is a nonprofit organization specializing in child welfare services. For over 50 years, Hope For Youth strives to provide positive outcomes for children, adolescents, and families. If you're looking for a position working with youth in your community, this is a great opportunity to provide therapy and treatment to help them obtain a more stable, positive, and fulfilling future.
To be a successful therapist you must become able and willing to do the following always:
Knowledge of OASAS and OMH regulations and documentation requirements and be able to function within the policies and procedures as outlined in program practice guide and employee manual
Conduct comprehensive clinical assessments to screen for substance related and/or mental health issues and determine appropriate level of care
Work within an interdisciplinary team to assist client in their overall functioning and achieve desired outcomes
Conduct Individual, Family and group therapy.
Attend trainings and professional development as assigned
Attend meetings as assigned
Apply agency-identified Evidence Based Interventions best suited to meet the client's needs.
Document, implement and update the treatment and/or individual service plan for clients as assigned.
Perform other duties as may be assigned
How you will spend your time in this job:
60% Direct client therapeutic contact including transportation
30% Case documentation, reports, case related meetings
10% Staff meetings/supervision/training
To qualify for this job you need to have a:
1. LMSW/LCSW/LMHC/LMFT, limited permits and/or CASAC
2. 1 year experience working with children/adolescents and families preferred
3. A Valid NYS Driver's License in good standing
4. Computer knowledge and able to use electronic record.
5. Physical Requirements: read/write reports and log entries, walking/standing/sitting for prolonged periods, bending/stooping, kneeling/squatting, climbing stairs, reaching overhead, repetitive wrist/finger movements, driving own vehicle
Here are some of the benefits of working for Hope For Youth!
• Benefit eligibility commences on the first of the month following the first 30 days of employment
• 90% Employer-paid medical premiums
• Generous paid time off for all employees regularly working over 20 hours
• Agency-funded Pension Plan
• Pre-tax savings plans: self-directed 403(b), 529, FSA and HSA Accounts
• Agency-paid life insurance and disability, and for some positions, long-term disability
• Training programs and Tuition Assistance and free tuition credits are also available
• Employees may be eligible for Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
• Special Events and Recognition Awards
• Meaningful work that makes a difference in the lives of children and families of Long Island!
• Volunteer and Internship opportunities available within
• Supportive like-minded, mission-driven co-workers
Please include resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All positions are subject to background screening as required by law or contract, including but not limited to: Staff Exclusion List (SEL), State Central Child Abuse Registry (SCR), DMV record review, criminal records screening, reference checks, for some roles, a physical exam. Hope For Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about Hope For Youth at:
- Job Reference: 1010175871-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: Hope for Youth
- Location: Amityville, New York
- Salary: USD30.00 to USD35.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent