Apply for this job now
Therapist- Youth ACT
- Bay Shore, New York
- USD60,000 to USD66,000
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
Looking to make a difference for youth and their families? Do you want to make an impact on their future? Hope For Youth has an opening as a Therapist in our Youth Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Program! This position reports to the Program Director. Hope For Youth is a nonprofit organization striving to provide positive outcomes for children, adolescents, and families.
To be a successful therapist, you must become able and willing to do the following always:
Function within the policies and procedures as outlined in program practice guide and employee manual
Adhere to state regulations and applicable code of conduct
Work within an interdisciplinary team to assist client in their overall functioning and achieve desired outcomes
Conduct person-centered/individualized Family, Individual, and Group Therapy in the home, community and office spaces
Attend trainings and professional development as assigned
Attend daily team meetings and family meetings as assigned
Conduct comprehensive clinical assessments to diagnose and/or determine needs
Develop a treatment plan with the child/family to restore functioning and/or ameliorate behavioral health symptom.
Apply agency-identified Evidence Based Interventions best suited to meet the client's needs.
Provide transportation for client to their service location as necessary.
Provide crisis management and be on a rotation to cover crisis outside normal business hours.
How you will spend your time in this job:
60% Direct client therapeutic contact including transportation
20% Case documentation, reports, case related meetings
20% Staff/team meetings/supervision/training
To qualify for this job you need to have a:
LMSW/LCSW/LMHC/LMFT, limited permits
1 years experience working with children/adolescents and families preferred
Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite, and experience working with EHRs.
Valid NYS driver's license in good standing
Physical Requirements: read/write reports and log entries, walking/standing/sitting for prolonged periods, bending/stooping, kneeling/squatting, climbing stairs, reaching overhead, repetitive wrist/finger movements, driving own vehicle
35 hour work week flexible, Offered at $60-$66K/year
Here are some of the benefits of working for Hope For Youth!
• Benefit eligibility commences on the first of the month following the first 30 days of employment
• 90% Employer-paid medical premiums
• Generous paid time off for all employees regularly working over 20 hours
• Agency-funded Pension Plan
• Pre-tax savings plans: self-directed 403(b), 529, FSA and HSA Accounts
• Agency-paid life insurance and disability, and for some positions, long-term disability
• Training programs and Tuition Assistance and free tuition credits are also available
• Employees may be eligible for Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
• Special Events and Recognition Awards
• Meaningful work that makes a difference in the lives of children and families of Long Island!
• Volunteer and Internship opportunities available within
• Supportive like-minded, mission-driven co-workers
Please include resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All positions are subject to background screening as required by law or contract, including but not limited to: Staff Exclusion List (SEL), State Central Child Abuse Registry (SCR), DMV record review, criminal records screening, reference checks, for some roles, a physical exam. Hope For Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about Hope For Youth at:
- Job Reference: 1010171170-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: Hope for Youth
- Location: Bay Shore, New York
- Salary: USD60,000 to USD66,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent