Great new opportunity for a Trusts Executive/Lawyer to join a respected firm.
You should be able to demonstrate a good level of experience working in Trusts, ideally at least 1 year of solid experience in the area.
STEP membership or the willingness to work towards this are preferred.
- You should have a genuine interest in working and specialising in trusts and be keen develop their skills and knowledge in the area.
- You should have a good level of knowledge on the types of trust structures available, the benefits of each and the taxation of each.
- You will have experience in working on trust matters throughout the lifetime of a trust and as such understand the processes at set up, during the administration and at the time of a trust coming to an end and have experience in the drafting of the relevant trust Deeds at each stage.
- Preparing Deeds of Retirement and Appointment of Trustees
- Preparing Deeds of Appointment of trust assets from Discretionary Trusts
- Dealing with the setup of trusts, to include the drafting the relevant documentation and dealing with the work required to transfer the trust assets
- Preparing Declarations of Trust to define beneficial interests in property
- Dealing with the registration of trusts with HMRC on the Trust Registration Service
- Providing advice on the effect and taxation of Bare Trusts, Life interest Trusts and Discretionary Trusts to both trustees and beneficiaries