Apply for this job now
Ultrasound Tech. - PD
- Stamford, Connecticut
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
Performs a variety of high-quality ultrasound examinations for all patient populations, including abdomen/visceral, breast, small parts, vascular, gynecological, obstetric 1st trimester, and neonatal, according to established departmental protocols and procedures. Responsible for performing diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound procedures in accordance with established protocols and under the direction/supervision of a radiologist
1. Operates diagnostic ultrasound equipment and advanced software applications in order to provide high quality imaging for radiologist interpretation. Evaluates images for technical quality and accuracy.
2. Skilled in the manipulation and selection of image parameters (depth, color scale, frequency, TGC) to obtain diagnostic quality imaging.
3. Technologists should ensure all aspects of relevant history and exam are performed. If there are questions regarding the exam, the technologist should consult the Radiologist for clarification prior to releasing the patient.
4. The technologist can identify normal and anatomy and vasculature as well as common variants.
5. Verifies patient identification per established policy and confirms the correct exam is ordered for the clinical indication provided.
6. Interviews the patient to obtain relevant history and documents accordingly.
7. Appropriately utilizes teleradiology services when indicated.
8. Prepares patient for procedure, explains process and answers questions, positions patient in accordance with type of procedure to be performed or based on specific instructions by the physician. Performs all aspects of ultrasound imaging. Maintains aseptic technique when appropriate and assists the physician as needed.
9. Maintains and records appropriate documentation regarding examination/procedure according to established protocols.
10. Participates in quality assurance process to improve and/or insure the delivery of quality patient care. May provide patient or physician follow-up in order to collect appropriate data for documentation.
11. Can prioritize and maintain daily workflow. Regularly performs equipment quality assurance.
Keeps area stocked and maintains clean working environment. Performs high level disinfection of equipment after each use as per established guidelines.
12. Demonstrates competency in the age specific standards as defined for the department.
13. Knows the role of an Ultrasound Technologist as a member of the health care team and can function as a competent and compassionate care giver.
14. Provides the highest level of customer service to all customers that align with the values and standards of the organization.
15. Participates in the instruction of students and in-service education provided for staff
16. Keeps supervisor informed of issues and potential equipment problems.
17. Maintains appropriate licensure, registration and continuing education requirements.
18. All other duties as assigned.
Satisfactory completion of a formal ultrasound training program or equivalent training program as specified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required.
Certification by Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS) preferred. (New graduates and/or non ARDMS certified candidates will be expected to obtain certification after completion of one year as an Ultrasound Tech). Knowledge or understanding of RIS and PACS computer systems preferred.
- Job Reference: 1010171828-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: Stamford Hospital
- Location: Stamford, Connecticut
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent