Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: 20.01 + .50 cent night shift differential
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Utility Person (night shift) to join our team in Downingtown, PA .
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Do you pride yourself in being a jack-of-all trades? The Utility Person position is critical to support plant needs by ensuring a safe and productive work environment. Primary duties include, but not limited to performing a variety of unskilled tasks or labor operations throughout the facility. Duties may include cleaning, washing, sweeping, shoveling, loading/unloading, and assisting in maintenance work, operating machinery such as skid steer or backhoe in the performance of clean up or general maintenance work. May perform other work as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures
- Clearing catwalks and walkways
- Loading and unloading
- Operating skid steer and backhoe
- Assist in maintenance work
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- High school diploma or GED required
- Knowledge to operate machinery a plus
- MSHA training a plus
- Ability to work in small spaces.
- Ability to work different extended hours, holidays and/or overtime required
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please.
Heidelberg Materials is a Drug Free Workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled