There's never been a better time to join TravelCenters of America! For more than 50 years, millions of professional truck drivers and motorists have called our travel centers home, depending on us daily for fuel, food, truck maintenance and essential services.
Driven by a passionate team, TA is focused on growing its network of travel centers, implementing cutting edge technology and embarking on innovative alternative energy and sustainability initiatives.
From our locations across the country, to our corporate headquarters in Westlake, Ohio, every team member is a stakeholder in TA's success. This environment offers endless career opportunities for individuals interested in sharing their ideas, growing with the company and shaping TA's future.
The Vice President, Marketing is a driven leader with a knack for customer experience and ability to leverage technology for the benefit of the broader organization, across several business lines. This is a highly visible role with unlimited opportunity to make impact. The Vice President will oversee the marketing efforts supporting each business stream and ensure activity is consistent with overall brand and department business strategies. This leader will have ownership over optimizing existing marketing campaigns and channels while consistently generating and testing new ideas. This position reports to the SVP, Corporate Development and will oversee a team of more than 15 marketing professionals that includes oversight of Directors who lead teams supporting marketing efforts in the following areas: Marketing Planning, Channel/Loyalty, and Creative/Brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, plan and deliver impactful marketing strategies/materials for each business unit and sales team
- Build, manage and coach a high-performing marketing team
- Drive the implementation of marketing campaigns that meet business objectives and drive traffic
- Re-launch and grow best in class loyalty program and offering
- Direct and support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports
- Manage marketing budget and expenditures
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels
- 7-10 years of progressive, relevant market and customer-oriented marketing experience preferably in the convenience store, retail, or travel center industry
- Bachelor's degree is required; an advanced degree (MBA) is highly preferred
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- In depth knowledge of market research
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success
With us, you'll enjoy:
- Competitive wages and annual bonus opportunity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- A wide variety of discounts on technology, travel, food and fuel
- Opportunity for growth and advancement with company paid training
Not all benefit plans are available to all team members. For a more comprehensive list of benefits, please visit
Our travel centers serve thousands every day; not one traveler is the same and our team must reflect that. We can "return every traveler to the road better than they came" only by understanding and celebrating individualism. TravelCenters of America is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, familial status, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, handicap, military service or Veteran status, genetic information or membership in any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. At TravelCenters of America, we invite everyone to make themselves at home.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
In this role, the employee is continuously sitting and typing, frequently talking and using eye and hand coordination and may also be required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Standing, walking, bending over, and repetitive use of legs are done occasionally. All performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. TA Operating LLC reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the incumbent or TA Operating LLC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.