The H.T. Hackney Co. is one of the largest wholesale grocery distribution companies in the country, with a distribution network of over 20,000 customers in 22 states. Our services include not only product distribution but also retail space management, foodservice solutions and vendor partner programs. Our customer base is primarily convenience stores as well as independent grocery stores, restaurants and vending companies. If you are looking for a rewarding career, you have come to the right place. We have been serving customers with integrity and reliability for over 130 years and are looking for employees to join us in continuing our tradition of exceptional customer service.
The Web Development Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of business-critical web applications. The web development manager will design and document new features for these applications on an ongoing basis. The web development manager will train associates in the skills required to implement new features and fix bugs in the software.
- Design and implement web APIs, user-facing web applications, and distributed systems.
- Identify opportunities to enhance web application features, performance, and user experience through innovative solutions.
- Train and educate other team members in programming and web-related technologies.
- Collaborate with team members to partition and distribute projects to develop system enhancements in a timely manner.
- 5+ years of experience in web development.
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol and related web concepts.
- Strong communication skills, including being able to explain complicated situations and trade-offs to a non-technical audience.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, including EC2, API Gateway, and CloudFormation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer information systems or related field or equivalent education.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan with Employer Contributions