Are you interested in an opportunity to further your experience in the behavioral health field? Are you looking for a supportive environment that offers you the ability to make a significant impact on people's lives?
If you answered YES to these questions, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
Being a Direct Support Professional II has its Advantages!
As a Direct Support Professional II at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need.
- Up to a $1000 Sign on BONUS! ($500 for PT positions)
- Opportunities to learn and develop professionally in the behavioral health field
- A fun, fast-paced, and supportive environment where you can participate in the treatment planning process
- Quality Low-Cost Benefits after 30 days of hire, including medical and dental, plus student loan debt assistance and tuition reimbursement (learn more at )
Devereux California provides services and support to adults with developmental disabilities using positive and evidence-based practices that rely on the highest standards offered in the Behavioral Healthcare field today. Located at our residential group home in Lompoc, CA, this position is responsible for ensuring the safety of our individuals, while supporting them with self-help skills designed to encourage independence.
Our residential programs and services include:
- 24-hour direct care professional staffing in a licensed facility
- Person-centered care for all individuals
- Medical oversight and nursing support
- Housekeeping, meal preparation and home maintenance
- Health, wellness and exercise opportunities
- Family or guardian participation in person-centered planning
Responsibilities of the Direct Support Professional II include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively implementing individual behavioral support plans based on ABA principles
- Utilizing positive reinforcement and antecedent manipulation to increase appropriate behaviors
- Assisting and supporting in the planning, implementation, and documentation of programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs of our individuals
- Assisting, instructing, and supporting our individuals with daily living activities, including cooking, cleaning, budgeting, bill pay, grocery shopping, and personal hygiene
- Accompanying our individuals on community outings, medical appointments, and other activities, as directed
- Must be willing to work with individuals with challenging and/or aggressive behaviors
- Must be comfortable providing hygiene assistance
- Days: 6am-2pm (limited availability)
- Swings: 2pm-10pm
- Overnights: 10pm-6am
- A minimum of 1 (one) weekend shift per week required
Keywords: hiring immediately, overnight shift, direct care staff, caregiver, social services, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, direct support professional, behavioral interventionist, aba therapy, applied behavior analysis, RBT, registered behavior technician